Friday, June 02, 2006

deja vu

I recently cleaned out our "cubby hole" and found a box of my baby/kid things that my mom had saved for me. Adeline enjoyed this Cabbage Patch wannabe doll.




Kisses for the baby.

And of course the baby wants to watch Elmo with Addy.



I don't know if she enjoyed it but I sure enjoyed seeing her in this old dress of mine!


Something tells me she enjoyed playing with Connor that day a whole lot more. Given their 10 month age difference they generally play pretty well together. Addy still defers to him being the big boy and all. She doesn't even cry when he wants what she is playing with. Next summer might be a different story. :)

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Isn't it great to see your daughter with your old things, and enjoying the toys you enjoyed.

I know Connor is going to miss playing with Addy when we move. We'll have to make set play dates to come out! I am feeling sad already and we havn't even left yet!

Anonymous said...

She is too sweet! It is amazing seeing her play with your stuff - table and chairs, your doll and dressed in your clothes. It brings back sweet memories and tears to my eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you all and miss you too, but I can't wait to get my hands on that little girl***************

Love ya, mom and dad

Lisa said...

Too cute. My mom is starting to find old baby Lisa stuff for Julia. When I went into labor my mom find and brought me the one childhood thing that probably means the most to me... my blankie. Years of washing and abuse. It still looks pretty good. I cried upon seeing it. I also cried when I realized one the blankets that Julia received will be her blankie. I wrote it in the thank you card to the person. 28 years from now when Julia has her own daughter, I hope she is bawling over me finding and giving back to her, her blankie. : )

Bipin Sen said...

aaaahhh.. so you *are* a stickler..

hehehe... :-)