Monday, June 12, 2006

i missed my girl!

Well, I left Adeline for the weekend foor the first time ever and I guarantee I missed her more than she missed me! When I walked in the door to come pick her up she just looked at me and went back to playing with her toys. So, my hopes for an excited giggle and a little girl running to my open, waiting arms went down the drains... but that doesn't mean I haven't kissed her a thousand times since! I was in Atlanta with my sister for her bachelorette party. It was so nice being with her for the weekend and we even got a couple of small things done for the wedding!

Here are some of my favorite recent pictures of Adeline.



She's a smart eater.... my mom has been "encouraging" me to feed her smaller pieces of food but she's too smart for that. The other day I was at Johnny's parent's house and his mom had some leftover roast beef... a pretty thick piece of it. SOOO, in an attempt to honor my mom I began cutting up the beef into smaller pieces than I normally would. I began by cutting a small part off of the large piece and going from there. However, when I looked up, satisfied with the small pieces of meat I had worked hard to prepare, Addy had reached over, opened the baggie with the large hunk of meat and was gnawing happily on it. We couldn't get it away from her, the stinker. So, I gave up, defeated, and about 15 minutes later she had eaten the entire piece of meat.... except for the small pieces I had cut!

Here she is doing the same thing with an orange. While I was peeling apart slices she quickly grabbed the orange and went to town.

4 comments:

Julie B said...

I would give anything for a child who ate like that. TJ barely eats. I always feel like he is so underfed.

Anonymous said...

"encouraging" that made me giggle- can take the girl out of CCK but can't take the CCK out of the girl. J/k :)

Kathy said...

Connor is the same, he grabs the biggest peice and eats that. He now has figured out, if he wants to get somewhere, and is still eating he'll stuff it all in and say (in sign) all done.

She is looking more and more like a little girl everyday, she's loosing her babiness!

faith ann raider said...

Your little girl is such an angel!!
I love the story about the roast beef! My littlest is always trying to take her big sister's food and take big bites like them. Though she usually gags. What a stinker.