Sunday, July 23, 2006

Pre Labor, Steak & Shake & Ojitos

Well, since my last post I have been experiencing a daily (or more) bout of "pre-labor". For those of you who aren't familiar with that term its basically the same thing as the beginning of regular labor but instead of making progress and getting stronger it usually fades away. Fortunately it isn't all in vain. I'm hoping that this past week of "pre-labor" has helped my body to prepare for true labor leaving me with less work to do once I get to the hospital... especially because all this pre-labor stuff is pretty uncomfortable!

Here are some pictures of Adeline at Steak and Shake. She really does not like hats. Here she is throwing a fit about the Steak & Shake hat... and not throwing a fit over GG feeding her whipped cream. I think this little girl has a sixth sense for sweets. As soon as they are out she zones in on them and begs like a dog until she gets some (or gets corrected... :))


"Ojitos" are blinks or winks. It might be a Mexican thing but its definitely a family thing. Every little one in my mom's family was trained thoroughly on how to make "ojitos." Its really quite cute. Here is Addy enjoying practicing her ojitos at Jalapenos, a local Mexican restaurant (how appropriate)


Hope everyone had a great weekend. We'll let you know if/when this pre-labor drops the pre. :)

6 comments:

Bipin Sen said...

not seeing you at church made me think... hmmm.. i wonder if it's close. we saw steve and heather as they pulled into their house with emma. she's so cute! looking forward to seeing jm soon.

Lisa said...

Please let Jay and I know if you need anything. We excel in getting mail, watering flowers, ordering take-out and lawn mowing. : )

Anonymous said...

YAY! John Michael is almost here!

Michelle said...

She is so cute! I keep checking your blog to see if John Michael has arrived...I'm sure it won't be long! I'll be praying for you! Love ya!

Kathy said...

e can not wait to meet little J-M!!! Addy is going to make such a fab big sister. miss u guys

Mrs. Smith said...

Sounds like things are moving along well;-)
I am starting to get a little anxious about the whole labor and delivery thing again. 3 months to go!!
Looking forward to meeting your latest addition!