Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Kiddie Parade & nesting mamas

Well, three weeks to go and I'm officially nesting. Today I spent all day cleaning the house... well, that is in between Addy's breakfast time, playing time, bath time, reading time, lunch time, snack time, dinner time, Great-Grandfather time, youth group dinner at our house and time with my dear friend Sam. But, I worked so hard I had contractions all night! I'm sure that means I'll go two weeks late.... :) My doctor would like to induce me too fit me into his schedule (those are my words) since he is going to be out of town during my due date but I don't think we'll go that route... just hope and pray that I deliver the week before (or two weeks before if he's ready... hehe)

Well, the Highland Parade wasn't the only parade we participated in this year. Highland also has a Kiddie Parade. This is the parade when all the little kids get dressed up and deck out their wagons, bikes, scooters, motorized vehicles, etc. and walk through Highland passing out candy. Addy loved it since there were so many little kids to watch but getting a smile out of her serious face wasn't quite as easy. The parade ends at the Highland Fair and the smiles were in full force once she went on the rides. Here are pictures for your enjoyment.


"How come all the other kids are eating candy and you are giving me cantaloupe?"

"This is the life"
I'd just like to point out that Addy does this quite a bit in her stroller as well.... both my mom and I ride the same way in the passenger seat of our cars - feet up!

"Man, my mom did a terrible job of decorating my wagon. Look at all those other kids wagons. Good thing one of those nice kids gave me this flag or I'd really look lame."


Finally, the rides!!



My first (but definitely not my last) carousel ride.




5 comments:

Suzanne said...

I feel like you just announced that you were pregnant. (I'm sure you don't feel that way at this point.)

You still look GREAT!

Bipin Sen said...

wow. michelle.. i thought you'd have been on a carousel ride by now. :-)

Rebecca said...

I love all of Addy's expressions. Very cute.

Fabio 'n Elizabeth Tsukayama said...

Love your captions. ;)

You do look great! You cant even tell you're pregnant in the pics. Usually you can tell in one's face. :)

We did a carousel ride the other day too and those things were BOOKIN'!!! I was rather dizzy, but the kids LOVED it!

Lisa said...

That last picture is SOO cute. Addy is like I am such a big girl... with my daddy's help.

I agree with Elizabeth. YOU LOOK GREAT!!!