Thursday, October 26, 2006

Wedding Pictures and family news


First, the family news! MY PARENTS ARE MOVING BACK ON SUNDAY!!! It was a great surprise to find out that my dad's company is moving them back about a year early. I think its bittersweet for my parents. They had hoped to travel quite a bit more in Europe but they're also glad to be closer to family. We have compassion on the cancelled traveling plans but we're thrilled they'll be back so soon!

My sister, Tara, who is training for a 1/2 marathon (yah, my other relatives DO exercise, just not me!) just completed a 15K race this past weekend! I'm so proud of her... especially knowing that I could never do it. :)

My brother, Jason, is in Iraq and has been there for several weeks. He says that he is one of the safest camps there and not to worry but that's clearly impossible! I'm trying to write him and keep him updated on what's going on here but if any of you would like to drop him a line of encouragement please let me know and I'll send you his address. I know that he's lonely out there and would love hearing from anyone!

John Michael is still growing like crazy. He's in a stage right now where he loves to suck his fingers instead of his pacifier. I'm trying desperately to get him to like Wrigley (his bear) but its hit or miss with him. Its hard to believe he could grow any faster but I think he's going through a growth spurt. He's wanting to eat every two hours!

Adeline is becoming quite the stinker. She insists on getting her own way every moment of the day. She's also complaining of owies in her mouth so disciplining has been hard for me. I know I need to be consistent but its also challenging to know when she's just overtired and overstimulated... and how much does she understand? How do I explain to a 19 month old that her behavior is self-centered and controlling? I think that is one of the main reasons disciplining has been hard... I don't know how to explain to her why I'm spanking her and I don't want to spank her without an explanation... tips anyone?

Adeline has also been really spoiled lately when it comes to food. Because life has been so hectic lately (and hasn't slowed down yet, we leave for Michigan tomorrow!!) she has been eating a lot of convenience foods. I'Linkm really struggling to get her to eat anything healthy besides yogurt, which I'm sure she loves because of all the sugar. My sister and I just came up with a list of healthy snacks to try so hopefully we'll get her back on schedule soon enough... just as long as she remembers who is the boss!!

Well, like I said, I don't have many wedding pictures. Being that the entire family (with the exception of John Michael) was in the wedding I just didn't have time to be the shutterbug I normally am. I also haven't gotten Shannon's pictures yet but hopefully soon. Here is what I do have! Enjoy :)

The Rehearsal Dinner:

Me & my man :)



Me & My "Other" man!



Twins (notice the matching bracelets, black and white stripes and black sweaters - and imagine me 20 pounds lighter!!!)



The Family Wedding Party


The Michelle Hamstras! (almost anyway!)



Samantha & I



and finally, the beautiful bride!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS...soo good to come across your site Michelle! hope you've recovered some from the wedding craziness!! it was sooo great meeting you -- oooo..and the kiddos too! miss 'em already!!

-melissa palmer
www.xanga.com/melpalm

Tara Sasser said...

Your family is on the go more than anyone I know! The wedding pictures look great, seems like half of them have been cut off? You looked great in the bridemaid dress. Have fun in Michigan, Addy will miss you!

swart said...

You guys are crazy busy! we're trying to keep up, but can't ... we're exhausted.

so, about the discipline ... it is hard when they don't understand everything - but i got lots of discipline as a kid from school and parents (south african schools really discipline a lot - with cane's) anyway, with Connor i figure, even though he doesn't understand the concept, he still needs to understand obedience. my 2 cents!

enjoy michigan.

Bipin Sen said...

i agree with swart on the obedience thing irrespective of whether they can understand the why? i mean think about it - even when you're older, sometimes you have to obey (god, bosses, husband, etc.) without really understanding "why". sooo... discipline away!

it was nice to see you around the dinner table. maybe one of these days it will be an actual one on one conversation... ;-)

Bipin Sen said...

that didn't come out right... submission to husbands is different than obedience.. so maybe that example doesn't work too well. but you get the point.

Mrs. Smith said...

WOW! Looks like it was a beautiful wedding. I LOVE your hair!
Glad to hear your parents are moving back to the area. It will be great for the kids to get to know them better.

Bipin Sen said...

so where are your parents going to be? tn? il?

that's so funny about the donuts. i was telling todd earlier how priya doesn't ever go crazy over sweet stuff. the donut is a classic example. she is more than happy to lick the thing and take small nibbles for an hour. same thing with ice-cream. a dozen spoonfuls and she's done.

thanks for passing along that email.