Monday, October 23, 2006

Disney

Well, my blogging has definitely taken the back burner over the past couple of weeks! DD & Beth got married on Saturday and had an incredibly beautiful wedding. Surprisingly, I didn't take many pictures but I'm hoping to get some from Shannon this week!

Happy Birthday Shannon! I know you're not on here often but I hope you had as good of a birthday as possible - especially considering the circumstances.

We buried our dear Uncle Deed this morning. Johnny had the opportunity to share at the church services and paint a picture of what kind of man Uncle Deed was - faithful, kind, and most importantly, passionate about holiness and the glory of the Lord. It was pretty amazing to see all of the people at the wake and funeral who knew and loved him. He'll be greatly missed... until we see him again.


As promised, here are some pictures of our day at Disney.

Trying on some Mickey ears:

Adeline did not want to wear the ears. This was in between her defiant screaming... :)


Clearly, John Michael didn't seem to care.


Addy & Ajai were both mesmerized by the parade and shows:




Most of you who know us well also know that I am a bit stricter about Adeline's diet than Johnny... but I had to agree with him that Adeline was entitled to a s something sweet for her first trip to Disney! She absolutely DEVOURED this sucker!




Ajai had no idea how lucky he was! He got asked to participate in TWO parades/shoes! Here he is helping to put on a Woody production:

Addy did get to go on a few rides - namely, The Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Carribean and Its a Small World. I tried to get some video or pictures of her but she was totally enamored so this is the best I could get!




and finally, a trip to Disney wouldn't be complete without Meeting Mickey: (she wouldn't go by herself...)



I'm afraid that on our trip I lost my small, portable camera and the charger to my nice camera. I'm really hoping that they are just packed away somewhere and I'm going to come across them any day now... but it has been a week and a half so its looking less and less likely!

Hopefully I'll have wedding pictures up soon!

4 comments:

Bipin Sen said...

happy hunting for the missing electronics.

addy was great during the wedding. she strode down the aisle like she had been been doing it for ages! really cute.

Kathy said...

It was so nice to see you guys this weekend...pitty we didn't get to hang out. Being busy is not a good enough excuse - just kidding.

Nice pics!

Tara Sasser said...

Looks like a great trip to see Mickey, brings back memories from when we went. I still remember the autograph book we carried around with us for ever!

Mrs. Smith said...

Great pictures!
I hope you uncover your missing camera and charger. I lost my camera once. Not too fun.

It was really good seeing you and the kids last week. I am looking forward to when we can take Talor out and start going to LWC again.
Miss seeing sweet faces like yours:-)