Wednesday, October 18, 2006

busy times and family memories

Sometimes it seems like everyone is always busy! But, this week is definitely one of those weeks that stands out from the rest for me. We have a lot on our plates right now but one exciting thing is that Beth & DD are getting married in less than three days!! We're so excited for them. Adeline is going to be one of the flower girls and I'm sure she'll do a great job because there are few people she loves more than Auntie Beth & Uncle DD. If you would, pray that the Lord would give them a sunny, rain free day. They chose their photographer because of his skill in taking pictures downtown so the wedding party is all geared up to spend the day downtown taking pictures the day of the wedding!

Although vacation already seems like a thing of the distant past I know my family would love to see the pictures still! So, here goes:

As you can see I didn't pack enough stuff:



do I look relaxed yet?



Addy had a rough time the last leg of the trip but that made sleeping in the pack & play a dream. She literally passed out as soon as she hit the very hard mattress.

As it turns out we have a little fish on our hands. My mom tells me that I wasn't overly fond of the swimming pool but as it turns out she not only doesn't look like me she also doesn't share my childhood phobias.

splashing daddy



playing with mommy



swimming with auntie shannon




Now this is the life!



She even got into watersports! Here she is playing volleyball:



and going down the slide with Daddy



and with Ajai!



Our little man even got into the water a few times.

Uh... what are we doing?



swimming/sleeping with daddy.




Addy just adored Ajai on the trip and even learned how to say his name! I think that spending time with him helped her verbal skills. She came home saying "Ajai" and "Uh-Oh" pretty clearly. As it turns out they both learned how to be impersonators.

Here's Ajai impersonating Adeline:



And Adeline impersonating....

Elvis!



But the trip was good for them. They ended up becoming little buddies thanks to Ajai's kindness.




And they both loved watching the Elmo movie we brought along:



John Michael didn't seem to mind the hot weather at all. He was either busy smiling and cooing...




Or snoozing and snoring....




Johnny & I had a great time while we were there and so did the kiddos. Adapting back to life after a vacation has been interesting though! No more sugar cereals to snack on and a bit stricter nap times. Not that she got spoiled or anything...

See? Here she is enjoying some healthy snacks! (those are made with real cheese, by the way)



Well, I'll do Disney pictures in another post - this one is plenty long! Meanwhile I'll close with a few more pictures of the fam.

our little adsters



the hamstra clan



looking for daddy "Where'd he go?"





totally intimated by the shuttle bus we had to take...


this picture is old but I think he's so cute in it!


sweet adeline.




til next time!

10 comments:

Kristin said...

Thanks for the Blog welcome! It looks like you had a great time!
Awesome pool pics!

Bipin Sen said...

aaargh. i hate airports.. thouugh not if you're going on a vacation. then i love them.

the cutest picture i found was one with addy with her bathing cap on!

ahh yes. the wedding this weekend. looking forward to it. ;-)

Mrs. Smith said...

Great pictures! Looks like you guys had fun.
Thanks again for dinner. Ryan LOVED the sauce.
Good choice.

Kathy said...

nice pics! I can imagine this must be a busy weekend!

Lookinh forward to seeing Mickey... ha ha.

Tara Sasser said...

Vacation looked like it was a sucess! Johnny may need to get a pool in the backyard instead of a basketball court.

Anonymous said...

I am totally jealous! :) It looks so beautiful and warm and fun. I am sure you guys had a blast. As far as Ajai, he just seems like such a sweet helper. I love the pics. I know who to call when we go on a long vacation!

candi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
candi said...

Great pictures!! Next time Jay and I would like to come along. You know with the kids. 6 kids to fan us, bring us frilly drinks with umbrellas, to hold our books while we read along side the pool, to paint our toe nails....Oh sorry, just dreaming!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shannon said...

That comment by Candie was halarious! I loved the humor. Michelle why is it that your pictures always turn out 100 times better than mine??? Oh yeah... I remember now, your camera is BETTER!

Aimee said...

Once again ~ GREAT PICTURES. Next time I go on vacation, I'm just gonna bring you along to take the pictures! :)

By the way ~ What kind of camera do you have? It's going on my wish list for Christmas!!