Friday, October 06, 2006

ajai's birthday and "doggies and tigers and cows, oh my!"

Well, we're off! We leave in a couple of hours for the airport. If I have any kind of internet connection there I'll post some pictures - if not I'll be back in a week!

Addy's cousin Ajai's birthday was Monday!!



He had a surprise birthday party on Saturday and the kids had a riot. Everyone was encouraged to dress up in their football gear and prepare for a big football fiesta. John Michael wore his Bears outfit and Adeline was a cheerleader. Here she is celebrating UT's victory with Luke.




Cath THIS!



Happy 7th birthday Ajai, we love you!


I took these pictures of the John Michael this week and I just love this one:





Here's Addy joining in on the fun. Lately she gets a little concerned if the camera is pointed at someone other than her... uh-oh. :)











I know this is a little blurry but its because she was running toward me from across the gym. Moments like that just make me smile. :)



A couple of cute stories about Addy... the other day I was washing my face and ran out of face wash so I asked Addy (who was standing there staring at me) to please throw away my face wash container. She promptly obeyed, running with the face wash to the garbage can in her room. So, I got out some new face wash and washed my face. The next day I went to wash my face and couldn't find my face wash! Remembering the day before I checked the garbage can... sure enough she had thrown it out again.

I'll often find John Michael in his cradle covered in toys and stuffed animals... Addy is regularly "dumping" treasures in his bed with him to give him something to play with. Yesterday, while getting ready to leave, I set out John Michael's shoes but when I went back to find them only one was there! I kep asking Addy where it was (because earlier I saw her trying to put it on) but she just looked at me blankly. So, I decided to worry about it later. Then, when I walked into the other room I saw John Michael sleeping in his bouncy seat with a shoe on his face. :)


And finally... its time to cast your vote bloggers! We have three different possibilities for John Michael's costume.

The dog. Though a bit big on him we've all fallen in love with the different colored ears and its big, padded paws.



The tiger. The softest of the three and fits him a bit better.



and finally, the cow. This one fits like a glove. It isn't the softest but it does fit well!




Lets hear it bloggers - what should he be?

16 comments:

Bipin Sen said...

huh.. what... animals? oh come on... he's a big strapping boy! how about superman.. or the incredible hulk..or even the thor?

hehe...i like the dog one the best out of these three.

Rebecca said...

I like the dog. But why do you have 3 costumes? Oh wait you buy everything in bulk.

candi said...

I vote dog! Tiger and cow are so last year!!! Ya gotta keep up with the trends, you know!

Anonymous said...

tiger--i like brightly colored costumes for kids... sadie will be a duck!

Mrs. Smith said...

I agree with Amy, the tiger is colors look good on him. Hayden will be a duck and I am still thinking of something for Talor. She is too small for most outfits.

Anonymous said...

Before we share our costume preference, we have to say that we are thrilled to see Luke Prince in his UT jersey! The only thing better would be to see the Prince family in TN!
For the costume-Grant likes the dog-he remembers you saying for some reason you don't really like Pooh clothes. Ethan and Trevor like Tigger. Jillian and I like the cow-I think you should hang an "Eat Mor Chikin" sign around his neck and let everyone know about your favorite fast food.

Kathy said...

I am bouncing between the dog and tigger! Tiggers colors look good on him!

Connor does the same thing, I find Abigail covered in all sorts of toys, trains, books! He gives me a big smile and tells me how he is sharing with his "wittle sister".

Anonymous said...

I like the cow--looks like I'm the only one, but I think it's so cute!

Tara Sasser said...

My vote was for the cow too! Actually I was hoping for a PIG, maybe next year.

Uncle Adam votes for the Tiger!

Anonymous said...

I love Alison's idea with the eat more chicken- hilarious. I like the cow too!

Kristin said...

Michelle-My sister in laws got me on the band wagon for blogging so here I am! I vote for the cow and I too love the "eat more chikn" sign.

Unknown said...

I like the tiger! Totally cute!

Anonymous said...

The dog is soo cute, and if it's cold, it looks super cozy. I vote dog.

ME said...

MOO! I vote for VEAL!!

ME said...

My new favorite picture on this blog:

IMG_4327.JPG

Anonymous said...

Julia smiled HUGE for the cow. Slightly for the Tigger and not at all for the dog. My daughter the critic. : )