Sunday, February 05, 2006

up, up and away!



Addy has discovered the stairs. We never taught her how to climb them but a few weeks ago at church she saw a couple of them and climbed right up, no fear, no hesitation, no "hmm, this is new, let me figure it out" just went right up! Then, at my grandparents house she kept crawling over near the stairs. I told her no and she turned around and came back (what a good girl). Then later that evening she turned to crawl toward the stairs and turned back to look at me. I said, "No." and stood up. She immediately turned toward the stairs and BOOKED IT as fast as she could to try to get there before I got to her! (maybe she isn't so good!).

Then, a couple of days ago I was cleaning upstairs so the door that is usually closed was open. She beelined for the stairs, climbed up two, turned around to look at me (almost fell) and giggled.

Finally, she has discovered the gate blocks the stairs that go to our basement. She likes to stand up at the gate and smile down at the stairs.... (I'm seeing a pattern of a little girl lured by the forbidden fruit...) How old are kids when they MASTER stairs? I have a feeling we've got a long road ahead of us.

Following are some pictures of Addy eating, my mom's favorite type of pictures! She's having meatloaf in one picture, a calzone in two pictures and ice cold water in the final picture. Enjoy!






4 comments:

Suzanne said...

We still have a gate at the top of our stairs, but it's more for containing the boys'. I'm generally not worried that they'll tumble down at 25 months unless someone has helped by pushing.

Fabio 'n Elizabeth Tsukayama said...

Hmmm... stairs! Dominique loves them too! We dont have any that we use here at the house, but every time we go to friends houses, she always wants to play on the stairs!

Love the picture of her with her cup. She looks so cute and chunky!

Kathy said...

Stairs...yes those dreaded things that cause such joy and pain! Connor loves stairs. My mom taught him to go backwards at 11 months, which helped A LOT!!!!!! It relieves the stress of them going forward when they want to come back down.

Kathy said...

Okay I mean one doesn't need to stress as much when they want to come down cos they don't go down face forward!