Saturday, December 23, 2006

Christmas is almost here!

Well, its officially the weekend of Christmas and I didn't get my shopping done until just yesterday!! As a matter of fact I think I got about 1/2 of it done yesterday.

Johnny & I contemplated not buying the kiddos anything this year since we know they will be so generously lavished upon by our families... but in the end we are giving them each a small gift to open for posterity's sake. We don't want to be noted as the parents who didn't give their children Christmas gifts!

I didn't post these pictures earlier because I was using some of them for my Christmas card but most of you have probably gotten your Christmas card - at least I hope so since Christmas is Monday!

I love this picture because you see how blue John Michael's eyes are. Sometimes I think they look bluer in pictures than they do in real life!



John Michael is such a happy baby. He's very good. He doesn't sleep as well as his sister did and he spits up a lot (gag) but we have no complaints!! I'm so grateful for him!!




In this picture you can see that he is starting to get a little chunky. He's so long its hard to fill him out but he's definitely getting some cheeks in this photo!





And this conehead picture hides his flat head!




Here are some pictures of Addy helping us decorate the Christmas tree this year.


Picking just the right place. (actually she wasn't really into decorating at all. This was one of two ornaments she put on the tree and even that took some coercing from Mommy!)




What in the world is this crazy thing!?




Why can't we just decorate with cookies? Than it would be treat time ALL the time. Now that's the kind of Christmas I'm talking about!




What DID you put on my head Mom?






I love my Daddy!




he makes me laugh.



ta da!




all done




and snow the next day to top it off!



I love that picture because it really captures Adeline observing snow for the first time. When I went to get her out of bed I told her that God had left us a beautiful surprise outside! And then I went on to ask her witth growing excitement, "Do you want to go SEE the beautiful surprise God left for us outside??" To which she emphatically responded with a fearful and hearty "NO!". Cutie.

BTW, we got a new video camera! We chose the Canon Elura 100 which we got for $300 but is now selling for $399! Odd... but hooray for us. Addy loves watching herself on tape.. unlike the majority of the adult world which seems to be mildly horrified by seeing themselves filmed. Here she is with Grandpa enjoying a clip of herself.



That's all for now - keep an eye out for more frequent posting if you're online over the holidays. I have many pictures to post and a lot of catching up to do!

Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Michelle!! John Michael is adorable!! What beautiful eye...
It is so exciting to see your life and family enjoying god's grace.
We miss ya down here!!!
The other day ryan and I were remenicing (sp?)..remember those crazy summers..or maybe it was jsut one summer at teh GROVE and hanging at borders..
love ya!!

Anonymous said...

i just read my post. forgive me..i never use spellcheck.
lil

Bipin Sen said...

ahhh.. the hamstra family is a canon family! actually, i think that's a great choice. we bought a canon optura 40 right before priya was born, and i really like it. i bought it primarily because it was the first camera to support a native widescreen shooting format. i think you'll like yours.

cute pictures, by the way!

jodes said...

It snowed!? When did it snow and how in the world did I miss it? :o(