Thursday, December 14, 2006

Basketball Heaven

If you live in Chicago and remember the early nineties you are a basketball fan. Sports fans in Chicago may argue over who the best baseball team is but when it comes to baskeball they all bleed red... well, I suppose everyone bleeds red, but you know.

So, when Beth & DD graciously invited us to share Beth's boss's season tickets to a Bulls vs. Pacers game this week Johnny was beside himself with excitement. It was one of the few events we were not late to!

We were so close we could actually hear the players yelling at each other on the court! We were only two rows up from the floor seating. The only games I've been this close to are Larry & Adam's games and Johnny's 6th grader's games!

DD & Beth



The big dilemma was whether or not to bring John Michael with us. I've never left him for feedings (yes, I know, I'm bad... hehe) before and I was nervous for the first time I left him to be when we were so far away. I'd rather it be while we were watching a movie in Schererville... so we talked about it and threw around different ideas but in the end we decided to take him... and pray that he wouldn't freak out with all the noise and craziness!

My dad bought him his very first basketball jersey. Its #3 Ben Wallace (a recent Bulls acquisition) of whom I know little to nothing about. Though, I did learn from Beth that sometimes he wears his hair in an afro and sometimes in a corn rows. (sp?) But, it was the only jersey they had in a 2T (can you believe it fit okay!?) so we got it.

Isn't he handsome?


Surprisingly, I got DD & Johnny to pause from being rivetted to the court to snap this picture.


No idea why this is sideways... but here is "Auntie Beth" with John Michael.


some actions shots (sports illustrated was chasing me down for my incredibly gifted action photography skills...hehe)


look how high this guy is jumping!! We saw a few dunks while we were there. Johnny was going nuts.



John Michael did FINE during the game. He watched attentively or sucked his fist or paci for most of it. Here's a family picture.


and when he got bored of the action he wasn't bothered by the cheering, yelling, whistles or buzzers. He just konked right out.


We had an awesome time. Thanks so much DD & Beth for inviting us!! Johnny is STILL talking about those dunks!


8 comments:

Bipin Sen said...

that is so very cool. even though i could care less about basketball, i still feel a tinge of envy!! i think just the excitement of the game would have been awesome.

Kathy said...

I have always wanted to c a game! I have always LOVED the bulls, they are known all over the world. I am so glad you guys had a good time, and JM did so well. I like the NFL and NBA outfit combination.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! John Michael looks adorable, and I have to say ~ I'm see more of Johnny in him with every post! :)

Tara Sasser said...

DA BULLS! John Michael is starting his basketball experience off right. Save that picture, he may be on the court one day if he keeps growing the way he is.

Anonymous said...

i usually think he looks like such a worthington, but for the first time i see some of johnny in him! i miss you guys! see you in a week!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I can't wait to take Emma to a White Sox game. Check out our blog - steveandheather.blogspot.com

Mrs. Smith said...

looks like fun!

Anonymous said...

He does look a lot like Johnny in that last photo! Guess those Hamstra genes may win out after all.

Emilee