Tuesday, November 14, 2006

A Tribute to TuTu

Everyone should have a TuTu in their life.... and I don't mean the little outfit that ballerinas wear. TuTu means "grandma" in Hawaiian though I doubt there is a grandma in Hawaii better than mine!

TuTu comes to my house faithfully every Thursday to sit with the kids while I go to the grocery store, run errands or do whatever it is that I need to get done around the house. Then, she buys me and Addy lunch and sometimes stays the afternoon while I continue to run errands! And she doesn't come empty handed either. A visit from TuTu means a package of diapers, a stack of coupons, pajamas for the kids, new books or toys or special snacks for Adeline.

As if this weren't enough TuTu has babysat for us and served us countless other times. She came and picked up Addy from DD & Beth's wedding and brought her home so that we could stay late with Johnny's family, she stayed late so that we could go to a play. She helped me pack for our trip to Florida, she has searched out special items for me at the store, you name it!! I couln't list all the ways she's helped and blessed us

What makes TuTu's help so special though is that my children adore her. Addy often asks for TuTu to come over and her face lights up when she arrives. She loves pulling her around the house to her toys or her animal crackers and most of all she loves crawling up in her lap to read books with her. Its doubtful that she loves many people as much as she loves her TuTu.

This kind of practical help is one of the many ways I see God caring for me in this busy season of life. He has blessed me with an incredible family (on both sides!) and I can't be more grateful for the way all of them love me and my children (whether through gifts, babysitting or time spent together!) Thanks TuTu for being such an example to all of us of a loving woman who will lay her life down to care for her family. I'm the recipient of your love and care!!

The pictures you see below are pictures of TuTu caring for us throughout the years. I included one of TuTu and me to show you tthat this incredible love and care didn't begin with the birth of MY children! She's been this way as long as anyone can remember!!

First are pictures of TuTu visit last week when she took the kiddos on a wagon ride (she also bought them the wagon last year and even made a soft cushion with a removable, washable cover to sit inside of it - - isn't she incredible?).






TuTu visiting Addy right after she was born



TuTu visiting John Michael right after he was born




TuTu enjoying a picture book of Addy




TuTu playing with John Michael




TuTu & I at my sister's shower




Rocking John Michael to sleep (she has a knack for it!)




Rocking Addy to sleep




Playing with Addy



Playing with ME!


Me & my TuTu


We love you TuTu!

4 comments:

Tara Sasser said...

Michelle you are so right! Tutu has been such a positive influence on our lives, I hope that one day I will grow into a wonderful mother, grandmother and great grandmother as she has! Love you Tutu!

Bipin Sen said...

mystery solved! now i know where addy's chunkiness comes from! :-)

you've got some chubby cheeks there, michelle!

nice tribute.

Leslie Bowden Nack said...

I love TuTu and she isn't even my Tutu!

All through college we got special visits and gifts from TuTu. She is the most generous hearted person around!

Love you TuTu!

Aimee said...

WOW! She sounds awesome!!! She ages well too! :) What a blessing to have a grandma to help you during the time in your life.