Tuesday, November 28, 2006

4 and 20

Well, isn't that a funny title... hehe

My kids are 4 months old and 20 months old and growing like weeds!

John Michael went in for his 4 month check-up today and he was a hefty 18 pounds and 27 inches! (Watch out Anna Kate - we already blew past Sadie!)


While we were there I had Addy measured and weighed too. She was 32 pounds and 33 inches. I was so confused when they told me she was 2 feet 9 inches. I thought, she isn't big enough to be measured in feet!!

Both of them had shots and did surprisingly well. Addy didn't even cry for her flu shot and John Michael didn't cry for his first shot. But when they poked him for a second time he let us know how much he didn't like it! However, as soon as I picked him up he stopped crying and was fine.

John Michael had his first bottle recently. Johnny gave it to him. (Yes, I realize that I'm way late with doing these things. I don't know what my problem is!) It ts nice to know that we can leave him behind for a feeding if we'd like to.



We definitely spoil him more than we did Addy (sorry sweetie). He gets held a lot and we don't let him cry for too long. I knew that I would probably be more lenient with baby #2 and it turns out I am!! I think you begin to realize that they aren't small for so long and so you want to enjoy them as babies more rather than let them be. He's still on a decent schedule and sleeping through the night so I don't think our extra attention is throwing him off (and clearly he's growing just fine!).


Adeline is at that cute stage where she will repeat (or attempt to repeat) just about anything we say. She says Ernie, Bert, Cookie Monster, cookie, etc. but her favorite saying right now is still "I don't know!" She's more and more active and interested in what's going on around here.

In a continued effort to do more "things" with her we attempted baking cookies recently.

Apparently she misunderstood what a cookie cutter was.


As I was teaching her to put sprinkles on the cookies she decided to try to flip them over.
And when I went to get the camera she took matters into her own hands.


Apparently Mommy didn't use enough sprinkles.

So, after removing the mound of chocolate sprinkles as best as I could we finished up and putt the cookies in the oven to bake.

I forgot how much longer cookies take to bake when you watch them!



Testing the fruits of her labor.Align Center

Success!



10 comments:

Tara Sasser said...

I love the face JM is making in the blue outfit! Second children seem to get spoiled more than the first, I agree!

Addy looks like she did a great job at baking cookies!

Did you get any pictures from the zoo last week? Plus whatever happened to more pics of mom and dad?

Kathy said...

Cute photies! Connor did the same with the sprinkles, and he figured he can munch on them secretly too!

Go JM GO...you are catching up to Abi!

Miss u guys
(did u make cookies for the cookie exchange?)

Fabio 'n Elizabeth Tsukayama said...

Love her cookie baking outfit! :) The cookies sound really good right now too!
John Michael's smile is too cute!

Bipin Sen said...

...blackbirds baked in a pie...

i thought that's what you were referring to, and all throughout i kept waiting for you to explain it...

wow. i don't think priya's cracked the 25 pound mark yet. i sometimes dismay at her scrawny body.

Suzanne said...

pssssst....Addy weighs more than my almost 3 year olds. ;)

Anonymous said...

That's great you're doing fun stuff like that with Addy. I remember a long time ago on the GirlTalk site they had a huge, long list of ideas to do with toddlers that you'd probably like to see if you want to check that out.

Aimee said...

How fun! Addy looks like she's having a blast! I never realized this, but your two kids are exactly the same age apart as Brett and Owen. Alot of work, huh? You seem like you really have it all under control. Especially having the patience to bake cookies with a two year old! Kudos to you!:)

John Michael is so big! I just can't believe it. Was Addy that big at that age? Owen just turned one at the end of October, and at his 1 year check-up, he was 25 lbs. John Michael just might pass up Owen too! :) Take care!

Julie B said...

I am going to have to cite Addy with a health code violation - no shirt, shoes, or pants in the kitchen!!

Anonymous said...

I think maybe Addy might get good enough to replace me as the cookie baker for youth group! She looks like a pro already! Sorry Addy... I like my job too much!!!!

Melanie said...

So cute! I love the last cookie pic. She looks adorable! And John Michael is like a weed! I just had Talon at the Dr. on Monday...he's almost 8 months old and he was 18 pounds 8 ounces and 27 inches long. John Michael is going to be taller than you soon! :) I knew he was long. You can tell in the picture where he's in the swing a few posts back. Anyway, cute pictures. I haven't been on the computer in a while so it was nice to "catch up".