Wednesday, November 22, 2006

silly bows, forced affection & grateful hearts

I got this bow in the Target dollar section a while ago. I thought it was so cute but everyone who sees it just thinks its silly... Apparently Addy thinks so too. haha



Addy is learning the letter "A." She knows that A is for Addy and apple. So, now when we point to the letter A she says "A!" and when we ask her what its for she says Addy or Apple and sometimes she says "Ajai!" She is also learning the letters B, C & D but isn't quite as quick to point them out correctly. We aren't pressing it but I thought it would be a fun and educational way to interact with her throughout the day. I got the idea from Shannon's sister, Kristie, who is/was a teacher. She's given me lots of fun, educational ideas to do with the Adster. She still doesn't have colors and shapes mastered either so we have plenty to keep us busy!!

Meanwhile she is keeping herself busy by digging out her own snacks. Who can argue with a kid who wants to snack on Special K?



Most of you are familiar with Addy's affection for Lucy, a Gund stuffed lamb. Well, I've been campaigning for John Michael to have that same affection for "Wrigley." My mom bought Wrigley and his twin brothers at a Steiff outlet store in Germany when she lived there. So, I'm strongly encouraging John Michael to love Wrigley the same way Addy loves Lucy. We aren't there yet but I won't give up easily!!



And finally, we can't help but reflect on this past year with grateful hearts. It was this time last year when we discovered and announced we were pregnant with John Michael. It was definitely a surprise being that Addy was only seven months old at the time... but as we enjoy this precious addition to our family we cannot help but recognize the beauty and the kindness of our Lord's sovereign plan. We all just adore John Michael, especially Adeline who greets him with kisses and snuggles and as of today discovered how to put his paci in properly! So, we thank the Lord this week, not only for our son but for our daughter, our marriage, our families, our church and above all... our salvation... freely given to us through faith in the death and resurrection of our Lord, Jesus. Because of him we have hope for the days to come!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

michelle great pics! the bow is cute...i love the pic w/addy and the cereal (except for she looks soo old!). and john michael's smile made my day. i love you guys and am so grateful that your such a big part of my life!

candi said...

I am not feeling the bow! But you know me and bows:)

Bipin Sen said...

as i was reading your post about announcements and time of the year.. i was going... i *know* they have a new announcement! ;-)

did you get the package?

Tara Sasser said...

That is one ugly bow! Somehow she still pulls it off : )

We miss you guys, hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

Love
The Sassers

Anonymous said...

I think you could layer that bow on top of a plain knit hat (like what we call "tobaggan" in the south) and it would be cute. It looks like outerwear.

John Michael is getting so big and cuter every day!

Anonymous said...

The bow is pretty nutty, but of course she looks cute in anything. Travis loves it!

Kathy said...

The bow is fun!

I LOVE the picture of JM, such an adorable smile. Funny enough I was just thinking yesterday that thanksgiving last year was when you announced you were pregnant!

Fabio 'n Elizabeth Tsukayama said...

That is quite the bow!

Out of curiousity, why do you like for your kids to be attached to a "lovey"? I've always wanted to ask this! It is cute, but I always figured it would just be more stuff to drag around and trauma if it got lost, and stuff like that. Maybe I'm just too boring!

Unknown said...

I guess I just think its cute. I like that they get so excited about something and love it so much. Addy just adores Lucy.. in a similar way to a little girl with a baby doll. It comforts her and I often find her reading to her or snuggling her or overhear her talking to her in the mornings before she gets out of bed. I just like it!
Michelle