Monday, August 07, 2006

Off the Charts, Family Competition and we're off!


Well, we found out at our first doctor's visit that our very long and skinny baby is even longer than we originally thought! The lady who measured him told us that he was 22 3/4 inches long. My first (dumb mom) response was: "Wow! He grew 3/4 of an inch!?" To which she smiled and said that no, they probably just didn't stretch him out all the way at the hospital. She measured again to make sure and she was right! Our boy was 22 3/4 inches long. So, so much for the birth announcement being right!!

So, John Michael has joined Addy in her "off the chart" growth. Today she weighed in at a hefty 29 pounds and was a bit over 33 inches long. We grow 'em big up here. :)

our long peanut
(yes, i realize how wrong it is that he's on a pink changing pad but he spit up on the white one!)



runner up picture for the birth announcement


the porcupine giving kisses to her royal brother


she likes to hold him. lets just hope she doesn't do it without asking!


gg and her boy.


the other day he was awake for so long. I could hardly believe it given how much he sleeps (he slept through his second bath too!) and I couldn't stop taking pictures of him. This one was one of my favorites.


Last, but not least, we got to meet Sadie this weekend! WOW, her blog doesn't do her justice - she is unbelievably cute! We definitely have some family competition in the prettiest eyes category! Check out those blue saucers: (sorry the first picture is sideways - I couldn't fix it).


Let's hope Addy looks happier to see her little cousin next time they're in town. This was the best picture I could get of the two if them. The next time we saw Sadie she was sleeping and the time after that Addy was sleeping!

"Saddy and Adie" (family nicknames)

We miss you Maples!

This will probably be my last post before going to Atlanta for my sister's wedding. Look for pictures of the happy couple and their family soon!

12 comments:

Melanie said...

Cute, cute, cute!!!!

Loved the slideshow so much that I had to copy you and get my own!! :)

Bipin Sen said...

ok.. so who did it first? you or swart? :-)

actually i have been looking at flickr. did you look into that one??

Lisa said...

too cute. I love those pictures of "the king". He is a happy 'little' guy.

Kathy said...

GO mr man go...what is in your milk Michelle? Maybe you have a bb player on your hands.

The pictures are awesome as always.
It is sweet to see the cousins together. What fun!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how long and beautiful John Michael is!!! I love that last picture with Sadie and Addy- it's kind of funny.

Leslie Bowden Nack said...

John Michael, you're pretty cute.

Will you be my date to Tia Tara's wedding?

Check yes or no.

swart said...

ok ... seriously ... i know you said it ... but he's unhappy about being on a bright pink changing pad ... the poor boy ...

I'll answer Bipin's question ... although you might have seen the slideshow on mine first ... i got the idea from Michelle who said she was looking at doing one ... so really ... she was first! ... why do i do the 3 dots so often? ... i don't know!

Anonymous said...

Not at all surprised that children in the Hamstra-Kotynski clan already have "family nicknames"

Fabio 'n Elizabeth Tsukayama said...

I have often heard that birth measurements are not all that acurate! I still wonder about Joshua's... he was WAY too long for his sleepers, not *just* fat, and he also "grew" FOUR inches in a month! hehe :)

He is really beautiful! Hope all goes well with the trip... and try not to wear yourself out too much!

Unknown said...

Congratulations to you and Johnny! I just found out that John Michael was born the day before our wedding...I look forward to seeing updates on your blog. :)

ME said...

Way too cute! I'm glad, though, that my dad never allowed bare-bottomed pics of me or my sibs. when he is 16 or later, he may not always like them (although his wife certainly will, I'm sure).

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Interior designer peterstown van floor mats zocor proactiv solution Price bextra