Thursday, March 08, 2007

too busy to blog!

I'm not exactly sure what has been keeping me so busy but I know I've been meaning to post a new entry and just haven't gotten around to it!

Here are the much anticipated pictures of our time with Auntie Les.

We decided to attempt to hike out to Chicago's Art Institute with both kids. Here's Addy chillin out on the way there while she watched Veggie Tales... or maybe Elmo.



Neither Leslie or I had been to the Art Institute or had read up on it. So, we were both a little surprised at the famous paintings we came across.

Deep Thoughts with Renoir



"Okay, yah, her hat is red. Lets move on."




Um, yah, this painting is much bigger in real life than I thought it would be.




We were both shocked and amazed to find that we had been unkowingly chosen
as models for some of the famous artwork we saw. I'm sure you'll see the resemblance.

Twins.





Addy did a phenomenal job of.... well showing us just what a 2-year olds tantrum looks like. She decided it was time to be disobedient right smack in the middle of this huge marble atrium... so her show was echoed for all to hear. It was another reminder of how you can train and train and train.... and pray and pray and pray.... but you're children are sinful and more than determined to go their own way!! Leslie was "kind" enough to capture part of her tantrum on film.

"NO MOMMY! I DO NOT WANT TO PUT MY COAT ON!"



Further evidence that you can't reason with a two year old.



I love you Adeline.... but you will not win.



But you're sure making a scene trying!



Ahh... for those of you who don't know Addy this really is a rarity. I realize, however, that at this age her desire for independence escalates and we're entering a whole new world of training and teaching. Thanks to some helpful advice from my Knoxville friends Alison and Laura I'm full of faith that God can help us to teach Adeline that ultimately she is not in charge of herself! We love this little girl like crazy and we're looking forward to seeing her grow up into a beautiful woman. :)

Onto the BEAN!

Everyone who comes to Chicago just has to stop and see the bean. Its one of the things they put up in the Millenium Park and you can see Chicago's entire skyline in it. Here are some picutres of Les at the bean. I tried to get the skyline but the positioning was a bit awkward.


Les at the bean with a still screaming Addy....



Handling it like a champ.




Cute, isn't she?



I'm thinking this should be her facebook picture.



I know I already mentioned it but having Les come to town was like a fresh of breath air! There are few people in this world who know me as well as she does and still love me! Thanks again for coming Les. We love you!



9 comments:

ME said...

Michelle,

You just missed their free promotion, where they were open for free for two + weeks until 2/21. Jenny and I got to go, and we can't wait to go back.

The french street is one of my favorites, and Jenny loves the red-hat painting.

The resemblances are amazing. Your frown and that sculpture - give the kids that look when they are older and if they get into trouble. It might work to scare them back to better behavior.

Too bad the textile exhibit is closed. Jenny really wants to go see that sometime. She's big into fabric these days.

Ciao for now,

Scott J.

Aimee said...

Looks like you had a great time!

Isn't it the best when your child decides to throw a tantrum at the most inopportune time, and you have to keep your cool? Brett is still choosing to do that, and it's very challenging sometimes, but like you said, they are not in control of themselves! It gets better. I remember going through this with Chloe, and thinking, where did I go wrong? Now, she's a piece of cake. Brett's a different story though!

Keep up the good work. Consistency. That's the key! :)

Unknown said...

Ugh. This new blogger thing is driving me crazy. I was the last of the die hard non-beta bloggers, but then they forced the switch and Im not pleased! (I just lost my post, hence the rant!)

Anyway, I was saying, that it looks like a fun day with a bosom friend!

And keep it up with Addy and win, win, win! She will learn the rules soon enough. :)

Unknown said...

oh, and now I came up as Fabio?! Weird. Where did that come from??

Leslie Bowden Nack said...

Dear Addy,
These pictures do not do you justice. Screaming in the gallery, squeeling in the atrium, wiggling out of the stoller harness and your coat, terrorizing Michigan Avenue on the way to dinner. I wish I could have captured it all for posterity. But oh sweet girl, I sure do love you! I'm glad I got to play with you and yoru family for four whole days, it was a weekend for the record books.

Auntie Les

Oh and Mich ...the zit on my chin? It is STILL there!

Bipin Sen said...

Keep up with the comments! I know Tish really enjoys reading them! :-)

Ahem.. How is it that I always read about kids throwing tantrums, but don't read about any disciplining? ;-)

Tara Sasser said...

Ummm where is John Michael during all of this? Too bad you don't have a portable DVD player for Addy's stroller....maybe that is a good birthday present?

swart said...

You gotta go check out my latest entry - i think it's my best yet! Besides - i haven't written in a while!

Clair Boone @ www.mummydeals.org said...

Michelle- or as Candi says "Queen of the Blogs" - I need help! I can't add a photo slide show to my page (even Lori tried too), I also can't easily add friend's links. I gotta add to the html. Finally, why can't I post a pic on my intro page of me?????? I set up the blog in Thailand and later switched to BETA. I'm usually not clueless on these things. I wonder if it's the fact that we set it up in Thailand? Sometimes YAHOO would act up on accounts created there. Please help!