Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Addy's & John Michael's best friends & I've been tagged

Thanks to all of you who guessed on John Michael's size! He is a hefty 20 pounds 10 ounces and 29 1/4 inches long. He's longer than I thought and a bit lighter than I thought!

Most of you know that Addy's best friend is officially Faith. :) We joke around about that but we genuinely hope Adeline grows up friends with Faith, especially if she turns out like her brothers and sisters! Faith & Adeline had a little play date last week with Sam and I. It was a blast.

Riding in the new stroller:






Playing at the park





Addy and Faith really do love each other. They've learned that they are best friends and ask about each other regularly. But, Faith hasn't taken the place of Addy's beloved Lucy... who we're hoping will also be a good influence on Addy. The high school students taught Lucy how to have a quiet time - here's hoping Addy follows in her hoof-steps. :)




John Michael, on the other hand, is not as fond of Wrigley. He doesn't hate him but his interest in him only lasts about ten seconds. However, he is nearly inseperable with his FINGERS! I'd definitely say they are his best friends right now.









We're still giving him a paci, which he seems to be just fine with but his love affair with his hands is not going to be easy to break!




Addy is also a bit protective of her Lucy... Last weekend at my parents we noticed her first streak of jealousy toward John Michael. When she saw John Michael playing with her Lucy she went up, tore it out of his hands and said, "NO GA GA!" (that is her nickname for him.) This is the very first time we have noticed any kind of conflict between the two of them. Personally, I think it was because we spent the weekend at GG & Bampa's house where normally she is the center of attention... but this time John Michael got his full share of attention and that threw her off. Not to much later she complained that "GaGa" was sitting in her high chair and insisted that Ga ga go down." Note, she wanted nothing to do with the high chair all day and cried when we put her in it... until he was in it! And lastly, she kindly informed me that she thought Ga Ga should stay with GG and Bamp and Addy would go home with Mommy and Daddy! WHAT A STINKER!

I'm glad to say that her evening of jealousy was short-lived. This morning she woke up, as usual, calling for John Michael and insisting on finding him to say good morning. It was very sweet and hopefully the rivalry will lie dormant for the time being!

And okay - Bipin is getting me back for tagging him like a year ago... so here goes:
Link
A- Available or married? Happily Married
B- Best Friend? Besides Johnny? Um... Its been a while since I've had one. Prob still Nat & Les... and Shannon for helping to care for my soul
C- Cake or Pie? Homemade Key Lime pie
D- Drink of Choice? Dr. Pepper
E- Essential Item? Burt's Bees Chapstick
F- Favorite Color? Green unless you're talking clothes... then black.
G- Gummi Bears or Worms? I'm a little burnt out on both right now
H- Hometown? Merrillville, IN
I-Indulgence? McDonalds - a regular indulgence for me.
J- January or February? Feb - closer to warm weather
K- Kids & names? 2 - Adeline & John Michael
L- Life is incomplete without? Friends
M- Marriage Date? March 1, 2003
N- Number of Siblings? 2 - Tara & Jason
O- Oranges or apples? Oranges
P- Phobias/Fears? I'm a little claustrophic but only with people
Q-Favorite Quote? "It is what it is."
R- Reason to Smile? my family
S- Season? Summer
T- Tag someone I tag Tara - and only if she wants to do it....
U- Unknown fact about me: I don't have many unknown things... I sleep in. Late. but tthat is slowly changing with the help of my relentless friend Candi and of course... obedience on my part.
W- Worst habit? wow, i might have to steel Bipin's answer of "Negotiating the price of everything I buy" and add to it... sleeping in late and staying up latte
Y- Your favorite food? Steak & Fett. Alfredo
Z- Zealous for? - the glory of God

10 comments:

Fabio 'n Elizabeth Tsukayama said...

Love reading surveys like that. :) Interesting that JM will suck on the same two fingers of either hand! Dominique will ONLY suck on her rt hand. That was bad this week since she got a cut right on the finger she sucks on and kept complaining about it while sucking on it, but it didnt keep her from it! (I still think it's kinda cute, though, I must admit! :)
Sibling "stuff" is sure... um, fun! Welcome to a new adventure! I once asked J. Leitzel if there was a way to raise siblings that didn't bicker, and he said "Yes, you could raise them in separate houses!" I have come to think that is probably truly the only way!! LOL

Melanie said...

How exactly do you sleep in? And LATE, no less? Do tell.

Unknown said...

i just train my babies to get up and get their own bottle... hehe

no seriously, luckily my kids like to sleep in too. addy rarely to never gets up before 8:30 and lately since she's been sick she's up at 9:30!

Christy said...

Hey Michelle - I like your switch to "Zealous for"...you're so clever!

Tara Sasser said...

Loving the stroller!

http://www.cfc-efc.ca/docs/wcfcca/00009_en.htm

Encourange children to share...adults still need to learn how to share too!

Bipin Sen said...

hey.. you weren't allowed to change any of the categories!! now i have to re-tag you with something else.. hehe...

it's enjoyable to read about your experience with two kids. you guys will be old hands by the time we get to it!

Anonymous said...

Spencer had a nightmare a few nights ago-he screamed out "MINE!! MINE!!" in his sleep. A sharing nightmare, how lovely-welcome to age 2 big boy!

swart said...

nice pics again.

Jamie said...

I love that picture of Lucy! I can invision it being blown up into a small poster and framed on the wall. Addy is going to see that picture in 20 years and say, "Oh, Mom, what were you thinking?"...then, it'll end up being her favorite picture to hang on her first daughter's wall. :] I can see it all now!

~Jamie

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.