Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween!










Here are some more pictures of Adeline's first fall. I'm sure all of you moms with more than one child are rolling your eyes and laughing thinking, "Enjoy the days you can take nice pictures at a pumpkin patch! With two things like that are impossible!" Well... we are! I can only begin to imagine having two little ones to coordinate pictures with (Suzie, I have fresh compassion) since we also tried taking pictures of Addy with Connor.

We had a great time though and the kids seemed to love the pumpkins. Addy just LOVED the small petting zoo they had there. Johnny had to keep pulling her back because she wanted to stick her hand in their mouths! There were lamas, chickens, cows, goats, sheep, bunnies, hens, miniature horses, dogs, etc. She was fascinated!

We decided to do Halloween. I'm aware of all the controversy amongst Christians but Addy... I mean, Johnny just couldn't resist the candy... :) Addy was a chicken. We first went to Grandma and Grandpa Hamstra's house to take pictures, then took pictures with GG and then walked up and down our street with Kathy & Connor (the bumblebee!) It was a blast. Addy was smiling at everyone until she came home and passed out from exhaustion!

Needless to say, we had a very busy day but Addy handled it like a trooper. As a special treat she had "sweet" potatoes with her cereal for dinner.

11 comments:

Suzanne said...

I don't think I've ever seen a cuter chicken! Just want to squeeze those little cheeks!

Suzanne said...

Oh I forgot - I wanted to do the pumpkin patch thing this year....it came down to this past Sunday and we decided to do it next year.

Kathy said...

I must admit, the chicken and the bee were the hit of brantwood!! It was quite fun walking around in the rain collecting candy for our tummies. We had fun. Not too sure about next year though.

Leslie Bowden Nack said...

You are the cutest little chubby chicken that I have ever seen!

Bipin Sen said...

tish will kill me when she sees how cute addy looked! she wanted to take priya out. but i am torn on this. it's not like i have definite theological convictions on it (i used to). but for us i decided that as long as we can make a decision without priya complaining, we won't participate in it. looks like you guys had a great time!

Anonymous said...

AWWW! Addy has to be the cutest chicken ever! AWWWWW!

lister

swart said...

Michelle, i think i found your secret to getting so many comments on EVERY blog you write ... here are a few thoughts:

1) many many cute pictures
2) list everyone in the world's blog site on yours ... they have an obligation then to come to yours
3) mention that we're friends ... it usually goes a long way :)
4) maybe you're just that popular ... who knows.

Unknown said...

dave,
I definitely vote for #3. Mentioning your name also gets me discounts at all my favorite restaurants, free passes to Chicago's finest shows and the occasional black eye.

Anonymous said...

I am glad to see Addy survived that sea of mellons. At first i thought they were exotic birds, and I feared for her safely. I thought maybe Johnny had jumped in to save her, fought valiantly, but was overcome by them. Michelle was about to attempt saving her, but paused to snap a quick photo.

I see now that i was mistaken.

Anonymous said...

your little girl is just too cute Ive enjoyed the pics Kath updates me with now I can see them on this site Kaths Mum (SA)

Anonymous said...

michelle thanks for commenting on my xanga! I figured I'd just comment you on here and it would be easier. I had a ton of fun last night, axis is really going awesome. 1 more day! :D love ya!