Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Nicholas Update

Addy & John Michael came to visit again yesterday. They loved the moving bed! You can see, John Michael couldn't keep his eye off the button that moves the bed!


Nicholas is doing MUCH better today! THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who has been praying. As soon as we posted the blog post and texted friends/family to be praying we began seeing an improvement. I believe, with all my heart, that the Lord has been with him both comforting him and strengthening him during this time.
Finally, this morning, he was weaned off of his oxygen "hood." He hasn't been able to eat orally since they had him on the oxygen because they were concerned he asperate (sp?). But, this morning at 9:00 we were able to give him a bottle of expressed milk! He had another one at noon and he'll get another at 3:00. Then I finally get to nurse him again! :) But, since I do most of the feedings I thought it would be nice for Johnny to give him his first bottle.... which, by the way, he chugged!


Here's Nicholas pouting that he can't be held yet!


Here he is, in all his glory...spiky hair, yellow body and arms upward.


Our precious "little" man. Please pray that his retracting dies down, there is no bacteria in his blood and that his jaundice isn't alarmingly high! Thanks guys - we're *hoping* to bring him home tomorrow evening but even Thursday morning would be fine too. Home is the goal either way!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet little guy. He's very masculine looking. I guess that's great seen as he is a boy:)I will be praying for him.

Krista Sagraves

The Hruby's said...

LOVE HIM!! I love all of you and wish I could be there! Keep strong Hamstra's! I love you all bunches!

Anonymous said...

He is so precious-he looks like he fits right in the family! We'll pray for you guys to get home. JM is hilarious in that bed picture!
Love
Alison

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your beautiful family! He is so handsome and so adorable. :) Just wanted to say hello!

Leah (Beth's friend.. met you at her wedding.)

Laura said...

He is so handsome! I love all that hair. Praying for him!