Friday, April 13, 2007

My Baby Boy!

Well, my little baby boy is growing up quickly! I can't believe he'll be a year old in a few months!

Here is my most recent favorite picture of him.



He is, without a doubt a mommy's boy. He prefers me over everyone and sometimes will scream at the top of his lungs unless I hold him! But, even when he isn't with me he is generally pretty good natured. He's a smiley little boy and loves to play peek-a-boo and pat-a-cake.





He's a typical 2nd born... constantly reminding me that he wants more attention.... :)





I love this picture because he's laughing so hard!




Filling out






He's still not as eager of an eater as Addy was but he's doing much better now. If only I would make more effort to feed him solids he's probably be quite the chunker! To be honest I have good intentions but I forget a lot since his naptimes tend to coincide with mealtimes.... but if he's up while we're eating you can bet that he lets us know he'd like to join us!

This little kid has quite the hat collection. He's slowly learning to keep them on!




Almost as soon as I get that hat on him he reaches up to grab it and take it off. Ahh... rebellion at an early age!!





And as you can see clearly in this next picture the kid is still a drooling machine. He still spits up at least once a day - sometimes more but not nearly as bad as it used to be... or maybe I'm just used to it!



He loves bathtime. Addy also loves it when he takes a bath with her!

He can splash with the best of them but he has a bad habit of eating the bubbles!



All bundled up



He also likes the park. He can only take the swing for so long but while he's in it he sure has a blast!

What a view!



Yah!



Higher Mommy! I love swinging!





Addy loves string cheese and yogurt for snacks... John Michael loves ANYTHING he can put in his mouth!! We love calling him "oral fixation boy" because he's rarely seen without some foreign object in his mouth or on its way to his mouth!



His little ghetto hat...



He's got a few buddies already too!

Here he is with Ruby. They are the chunkers of the last group of babies. Emma might be a bit chunkier but she's so active (she was speed crawling through the church at 6 months old) she probably works off all her calories!! Ruby & John Michael are taking their time getting around.



Oooh, she's pretty.



John Michael: "Hey Ruby, can you help me get this blasted shoe off?"

Ruby: "Not really but I'll eat it for you."



Here is a picture of the adorable Emma too (don't be deceived by her chunky cheeks, the girl is a peanut!). All three of these babies were born within a week of each other!



And here he is with Larry. I like to tease him that it won't be long before John Michael is dunking on him. :)




He finally got his first tooth a few weeks ago which was a couple of months quicker than his sister got hers.


And lastly... the kid is mobile. My life has taken a new twist!



All the practicing is over and he's learned how to move around. Crawling isn't is specialty... scooting is but he's also become quite proficient at CLIMBING! He learned to move around well one week and the next week I found him trying to crawl out of his bed!!

BUSTED.



... and with NO remorse!



Here I come Mom! Catch me!



Needless to say the crib mattress went down right away.

A mom could love her little boy more than I love this precious guy. My only fear is that I'll spoil him so much that he'll never be very tough! He keeps me busy with his oral fixation, his cling-on tendencies and his love of attention.

Guess its time to start trying for another one, hey?

Nah... lets let him enjoy being the baby for a bit longer. :)

8 comments:

Kathy said...

This was so enjoyable to read, all the tit bits of info, I love it. You really capchured him in the photos. Give those cheeks a kiss from us

Anonymous said...

Oh! My favorite Nephew!!! So adorable! Really great pics Michelle!

Tara Sasser said...

He is growing up fast! I can't belive he is crawling already, does he try to follow his siter around?

Picture this, you prego chasing around 2 mobile kids.....thought you were tired before huh!

You are a great mom, I admire all that you do for your family!

ME said...

wow, what a large post! JM's got such the grin going on.

Now I've only met and known a few Hamstra men, so I may be less than 100% correct, but I seem to have seen that grin somewhere before...on his grandpa, dad, uncle, and cousins. Seems like he's gettin' away with something...

It is amazing how much Ruby resembles her dad. Of course, that's good news, but in person, I seem to recall her favoring mom. I know kids change as they grow.

Keep the cute pics coming! I just hope that JM doesn't regret all the naked baby pics when he is a teenager or later. Of course, they make interesting capital down the road...if need be, mom & dad...hehehe.

-Scott J.

Unknown said...

He totally follows Addy. Yesterday she was scooting around on her truck backwards watching him creep along right in front of her. She wasn't crazy about it but she didn't complain... but she did bonk him in the head going forward!!

swart said...

WHERE IS THE KIDS CLOTHES!

Awesome pics though Michelle ... i bet if you wanted to get "loaded" financially, you should start doing family pics for people. you really capture moments, smiles, looks, amazing! i never cease to be impressed!

david

lillian said...

Hey Michelle!
I cannot believe he is allmost 1! Wow time flies.
He is adorable and I am totally a fan of naked bay shots! Love them!!
love lil

Steve and Heather said...

Great post with lots of pics and info. I love the shout-out to Emma. Those mid-July babies need to stick together.