Friday, November 20, 2009

Fashion Hypocrite

I feel a bit like a fashion hypocrite. When I leave the house I try to look cute - I love wearing things that are in style and trendy and unique. But when I'm home, which is the majority of my life, I wear my pajamas. All. Day. Lately my pajamas are oversized t-shirts and pants that are two sizes too big so you can imagine Lucky magazine has been breaking down my door for a photo shoot and a list of my winter must haves. :)


I'm the same way with the kids. My children have been blessed with a grandma who loves to buy them clothes - so their wardrobes are nothing short of adorable. But when we're home they wear mismatched clothes or run around naked....


Which leads me to my title. I feel a bit like a hypocrite! People think I'm SO stylish and SO put together because they see me once a week in public... but then they come over to my house or see me when I'm running out to the grocery store and they look at me compassionately and ask if I'm sick. "No," I kindly reply, "I just don't usually wear make up during the week."


So you see, its out. I'm really just a lazy bum at heart.


Though I will say that if Addy has cute cotton dresses I will put those on her every day. My mom recently bought this one from Target and I happened to have tights that matched perfectly. I figured I better take advantage of the non pj moment and grab a few snappies.


adeline outside 2 web Adeline outside web

6 comments:

Tara Sasser said...

Adorable!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Too cute! And huge props to you for your honesty...I think I would be utterly mortified if someone stopped by unexpectedly and I was without makeup (or in my pj's). And I just can't bring myself to go anywhere (including the beach...yes, the beach) without makeup. Call me crazy!

Unknown said...

there's just something so wonderful about sweats.

Rebecca said...

I have noticed that your kids are naked a lot in pictures. Your electric bill must be a lot. Our house is always freezing and we are in TN.

Unknown said...

funny you say that - i'm always freezing in my house too but i think addy's just warm natured. the other two just get cold. haha...