Thursday, November 19, 2009

Chatty Cathy... or should I say Mumbling Michelle?

Blogging is actually one of my favorite things to do. I think I've always liked to hear myself talk so having a place where nobody is doing the talking but me has to be appealing to my inner chatterbox. Its so different than being with people and always asking myself... "Am I talking to much?" In those situations you're worried because you know that person is "stuck" listening to you for the sake of being polite - even if they're bored to tears and wishing your mouth had a remote control... but in blogworld you can just click your little red dot (or that little "x" for PC users) and shut me up in an instant if you'd like.

I recently read that what makes a great photographer so great isn't necessarily her pictures... but her personality. That you aren't just selling someone your "work" you're selling them yourself... because you are pouring a part of yourself into all of your work - and especially when someone books you for their wedding you are literally sharing every minute with them for 10-12 hours! So, its important they like YOU and not just your pictures... though I promise I won't talk your ear off on your wedding day if you book me. :)

All of that to say that you can expect this blog to be a bit wordier than its been this past year. I'm feeling chatty again and I plan taking it out on you, dear Internet.

And because even I know that words simply aren't enough.... here's a peek at our Halloween this year:

Addy is Cinderella blog

3 comments:

Emilee Stanley said...

Way to go J *.

I like reading your blog. It makes me feel like I get to talk to you more than I really do. :)

Alison said...

I agree with Emilee! Chat all you want, I will pretend you're sitting on the kitchen counter:)
Loving the picture updates!

Alison said...

That comment is from me..Alison...not "Douglas"-sorry!