Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Peanut?

Well, the jury is out on this one... is Nicholas going to be my biggest newborn but my smallest baby? Right now he's growing at the rate of a snail compared to the other two! At two weeks he wasn't even up to his birth weight yet (weighing in at 9 pounds even - 3 oz. short). The little guy just doesn't like to stay awake to eat! He'd happily eat every 4-5 hours if I let him but I try to do my best to wake him up every 3 hours to eat... the problem isn't so much getting him to wake up as it is getting him to STAY awake! I'll take all his clothes off, flick his feet, get a cold washcloth and wipe his face and body and STILL the kid sleeps on... and if he does wake up he latches on and goes right back to sleep. He even sleeps through his baths!

I'm trying not to worry... but I do get a little concerned about my milk supply and his weight gain.... so its another opportunity for me to trust the Lord. Here are some recent pictures of the little man.





Sleeping through his bath today:





Addy & John Michael went to the doctor with us for Nicholas' check up. John Michael had his 2 year visit too ( a couple months late... ) and they both had their flu vaccinations (which oddly, are now inhaled through the nose!!)

Here's Addy's silly camera face... I wish she'd learn to smile nicely!



My kids LOVE LOVE LOVE going to the doctor!



And here are some more pictures from my first week home:









When all else fails just let the kids play ninetendo.





If you're a prayer... please pray that Nicholas would eat better! Thanks :)

3 comments:

The Ritters said...

Hey Michelle! Weston was the exact same way when he was that age! I tried everything to wake or keep him awake except hang him by his ankles (I really wouldn't do that)! I'm sure you know what to try, but one thing that worked for me at times was rubbing the tops of his hands. Just make sure he's getting enough to eat. That's where things went bad for us and we ended up at Childrens for a few days. Just keep at it as it can only get better! But in the mean time, I'll be praying for him to wake up and eat!! :)

Unknown said...

Triniti was the same exact way with eating...she weighed 9 lbs. even at her 2-month appointment!!! And now look at her. I can only imagine how hard it would be to NOT compare all 3 children, but just know God made Nicholas as his own unique person...but he will flourish like the others. I will pray for him (and you).

Fabio 'n Elizabeth Tsukayama said...

He looks great - in that second pic he really looks like JM! I will pray for him (and you). I thought of y'all 2 nights ago when Johann was screaming bloody murder ALL.NIGHT.LONG!!!!! What I wouldnt have given for a sleepy baby taht night! lol. Praying...