Friday, May 09, 2008

updates

Well, I'm back from Hawaii! For those of you who didn't know I was going, Johnny & I have been saving our frequent flyer miles and our Marriott reward points for five years to go somewhere special on our 5 year anniversary - and crazy enough - we had enough to go to Hawaii for less than a couple hundred dollars! (besides food & entertainment obviously). I'll post pictures of that soon, but meanwhile here are some updates of the kids, as promised. I'm really motivated to blog more. My friend Rebecca just blogged a year in review entry because she said she just can't remember things well and she doesn't want to forget! Well, neither do I and I am looking forward to looking back on these entries with fondness in my heart, remembering how precious these days are - even though sometimes they feel a bit rough around the edges. ;)

Also... I thnk that part of the reason I am hesitant to blog sometimes is because I think people think all of my pictures should look professional. Well, the truth is I rarely shoot professional quality pictures of my own kids. (I'd like to do more though!) I generally use my little point & shoot camera and don't do any editing - so be prepared for some everyday pictures from now on! Its the only way I'll actually post things!

Well, to start with, here are some pictures from March - before Easter... hehe.. I know, I'm bad!!


This is a picture of Addy playing hide & seek. Not only does she hide in the most obvious places (with her entire body sticking out of the hiding spot!) She totally lacks creativity. She'll go to the exact same place over and over again. I thought it was just because she's young (almost 3 in these pictures) but I think she's just... simple. :)




And a few of the little man... already I forgot why I took these. Probably just because he makes such silly facial expressions while eating. :)








Johnny & I went downtown to celebrate my Aunt Linda's 50th birthday party. We took a couple of pictures beforehand but none really while we were there.



My mom and Dad:



John Michael also got his first haircut! His hair is quite thin and not very long... but it was growing funny over his ears and he had random long peices throughout his hair. I thought about cutting it myself but I kind of like the certificate and experience of the "first hair cut." $25 dollars later I'm thinking that experience is definitely a once in a lifetime thing!!



Me & my handsome big boy! They didn't cut much off but he sure looked older afterwards!



I love these hats my mom bought the kids from Hannah Anderson. Addy has one too and calls it her bunny hat. We have names for all of her coats & hats... She has a monkey coat, a polar bear coat, and a few others. She loves animals!



The night before Easter my parents babysat the kids so that Tara (my sister), Adam (my bro-in-law), Johnny and I could go see a movie. I so wish they lived closer. We love hanging out with them. We didn't get any pictures of them but here are some my parents took of the kids.

They went to Tyler's Tender - the kids love it there! Its a little train restaurant that has a train you can ride on in a circle, a stationary train and if you sit at the bar a train delivers your food to you just like in Mr. Roger's Neighborhood!!



On that note I'm off to bed... its already late and I'm trying desperately to get readjusted to Chicago time!

Coming up: Easter pictures, Addy's mini birthday party and a trip to Atlanta!!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

JM looks like a little boy, not toddler anymore!

Unknown said...

Happy 5th Anniversary you guys!!! I can't wait to see Hawaii pictures posted. Cute pics of John Michael getting his 1st haircut.

Bipin Sen said...

Professional or not, your pictures turn out great!

Fabio 'n Elizabeth Tsukayama said...

I dont think anyone expects you to always post professional pics of your kids! The ones you post are great anyway! Glad you are thinking of re-joining the blogging world (even though Im lagging these days!). :)

J said...

Michelle, I am ready to see some hawaii pictures!

I leave for Panama tomorrow..but hope to be able to blog some while I'm gone. See you at the wedding...

Jozy