Friday, May 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Tara!

Today is my favorite sister's birthday!!



The reasons I love and respect Tara are endless but I'll share a few with you and end with some pictures of our trip to visit her and Adam in Atlanta!

Tara is:

1. One of the most thoughtful people I have ever met. She not only thinks of extravagant and special ways to encourage or bless people but she actually does them too! Which leads me to number two.

2. She is extremely generous. There is no price limit or sphere of closeness that makes sense when Tara gets it in her head to bless someone. She is regularly putting me to shame with her level of generosity toward me, our extended family, her close friends, MY close friends and people that she isn't even close with!

3. She is compassionate. It seems like there have been a lot of people in Tara's life (close friends or just friends of friends) who have gone through traumatic experiences over the past few years. I am always amazed at how deeply this affects my sister. She will be overwhelmed with compassion when she hears of someone's hard situation and I believe this is a direct reflection of the heart of God.

4. She adores my kids. I am so grateful to God to have so many people in my life who love and enjoy my kids... but Tara takes it to a whole new level. She laughs at the stories I tell her, will talk with my kids on the phone regardless of whether she can understand them. She showers them with gifts and love and attention... and she will lay down her comfort to care for both their needs and wants. Unless you are a mom yourself you can't possibly know what its like to have people in your life who love your kids like you do!

5. She is my best friend. There was a time when our family would have laughed (and we probably would have too) to think of Tara and I even being civil to one another (oh, adolescence!!) but though over the years I have made some deep, incredible friendships with several girls, I have found no friend more faithful, more caring, more available than Tara. She will drop anything and everything to help me through any situation I have - from dinner recipes to marital conflict. She is the first person I call and I'm so glad!

6. She loves God. I saved this one for last because it is the most important thing you can say about a person. Over the past couple of years I have watched God unfold a new dimension in my sister. All of these characteristics of my sister are nice and commendable but without God they would all be lacking. However, my sister has taken these God given gifts and given them back to Him in the way she loves Him, serves Him and enjoys Him.

I'm so grateful to God Tara for both the work He has done and is continuing to do in your life and for giving you to me as a sister. I am truly blessed. LOVE YOU and Happy Birthday!


As promised - here are some pictures of our trip to Atlanta in April.

Uncle Adam bought us all tickets to go to a Braves game. It was rainy so we thought about ditching... but I'm so glad we decided to "brave" it! We didn't stay for the whole game but the kids had a blast.




Addy & John Michael at the Braves game excited to stand by the number 3!! I had to post two since we couldn't get them to look at the same time... hehe





My mom was able to go with us and I'm so glad because a trip through the airport with two + one on the way by myself might've killed me! Besides the fact that I just lov being with her of course.... :)

And it wouldn't be an event with GG unless we had popcorn!







I'm so sad because I had this awesome picture of John Michael eating a snow cone that Adam bought for him but I seem to have lost it!

Anyway - a sweet end to a great day:

Addy reading a bedtime story with Uncle Adam:

2 comments:

jodes said...

wow. This was one of the best posts! Sisters are a blessing, aren't they!? Makes me want to call mine up right now. :O) By the way, your kids are too cute!!

Tara Sasser said...

Thanks Mick! I hope you know that I feel the same way about you. SOrry we could not be there for your birthday.

Hope you had a good one!
Love you