Monday, October 08, 2007

Dead Blog

Sorry for those of you who actually check this blog. I absolutely love the idea of keeping this as some type of digital scrapbook for the children's life... and I suppose that its gaps speak loudly of just how busy they keep me!

But that's not all keeping me busy. We've been enjoying having Johnny's cousins and their boyfriends in town this past weekend. Julie's boyfriend came in from Knoxville to run the Chicago Marathon and Bethany's boyfriend came to "meet the family." I'm sure both of them loved us completely... how could they not, right!? :)

I also recently took some pictures of Candi's newest little guy, Camden. You can view most of them on her blog but here are a couple of my favorites:



keep in mind that the blog format cuts off the last 1/2" or so on the right so you miss the end of his name on both of them :( Check out my portfolio or Candi's blog for the full effect.






And here are some pictures of the kids when Johnny's parents took us to the carnival that came to Highland a few weeks ago. They loved it (especially the popcorn!)

waving to the elephants (by far, her favorite)




the second best part



John Michael loves to point at things right now. He grunts and points and of course we jump up and do all his bidding. :) At least he's polite about it - he's officially full blown with his please, thank you and all done signs!




My little guys is officially walking! He has been taking a step here or a few there for the past couple of weeks but he's been taking 8 or 9 in a row these past few days and starting last night we saw him stop his crawling mid-route and stand up to walk so he's definitely taking more of an interest! I rarely push these things (obviously, JM is 14 1/2 months old!) but I must say I'm kind of looking forward to it... the kid weighs a ton! He's quite the mommy's boy still too and I must admit that though I roll my eyes about it sometimes and though its not convenient when I'm trying to do laundry or cook dinner I really do love it. Addy was never nearly as snuggly (though she makes up for it with her inherent girliness!)

Addy is the embodiment of cuteness these days.... she says and does things that evoke endless smiles and laughs from those who love her. I'll leave you with this one for now:

Someone farts.
Addy: Mommy, I hear them coming!
Me: What?
Addy: I hear them coming Mommy!
Me: Who?
Addy: The poopies Mommy! I hear them coming!

Our sweet girl.

6 comments:

Bipin Sen said...

Those were pretty good pictures! If it weren't for family pressure, my blog would also suffer long bouts of neglect. ;-)

candi said...

MY GOODNESS that is one cute baby!! His mom must be gorgeous!!!! Wow he is so lucky to have such a hot momma!!

Tara Sasser said...

He is walking? I wish we lived closer : (

I am still laughing at Addy, she is a stinker!

Trillia said...

That is so funny! Addy is too much. I love what kids say.

Unknown said...

Michelle, your photography is amazing. I...um...will be looking for a photographer for my maternity shots early next year. If you have any prices yet, send them my way.

And that is a hilarious story about the farting. :) Kids say the funniest things!!!

Anonymous said...

hey girl! thanks for your comment! wow!!! i can't believe how big john michael is! (though, i guess its been a YEAR since beth and dave's wedding..WOW!!). OH..and congrats on baby #3!!