Wednesday, February 07, 2007

From one heartbreak to the next....

Well, the Bears broke the hearts of loyal fans everywhere. It was a hard 2nd half to watch but we stuck it out to the end.... and beyond actually. We accidentally locked ourselves out of our running van while we were packing up to leave... which meant a really late night! But, like all things, the Lord causes everything to work together and we got a really neat chance to get to know Shannon's sister and brother-in-law better and our only regret in the matter was that they were put out by the situation (they graciously stayed with us so that we could use Kristie's AAA service.)

But, if the Bears loss weren't enough heartbreak we're only 53 days and 10 hours until the Cubbie's season begins. I predict we'll all go in with a lot of hope this season which is a set-up for another heartbreak! But, like a true Cubs fan I have to believe that maybe this will be the year!? After all, we believe, don't we?

Many of you commented on how cute the kids looked in their Bears outfits. Those outfits, and pretty much any sports outfit (excluding the Sox) that you see the kids in is compliments of my dad! And lucky for us we like all the same teams!! I JUST realized that he bought the kids matching Cubs sweatsuits. I don't even know if he knew that but I put them in them yesterday to get pumped for the upcoming season. I'll post pictures of the Superbowl party soon!

"Mommy, matching outfits again? Are you serious?"




"We'll see about this Cubs thing."




"Hey Gaga, I'll still love you, even if the Cubs stink."



"Mom, seriously... are you done yet?"



Cutest Cubs Fans



Watching Elmo together. It'll do until the Cubs are on!



Coming up: Superbowl party pictures, a weekend in Racine, John Michael's first foods, and more!!

7 comments:

Tara Sasser said...

Did JM scratch his eye?

Those cubs outfits are very cute...I need to find a shirt. All I can find her are Braves, keep an eye out for me pls!

Unknown said...

yes, he scratched his eye. i cut his nails short too! i'll look for a shirt - what kind do you want?

Kathy said...

really cute pics, especially Addy's facial expressions.

I don't who I am going to support this year, cubs have been a total embaressment.

Aimee said...

They look so cute! John Michael is going to pass Addy up one of these days! :)

Leslie Bowden Nack said...

So, the kids need some matching Cards outfits? I can get them for them before my trip of you want.

It is about time they started cheering for a winner or they could be scarred for life.

Fabio 'n Elizabeth Tsukayama said...

I love matching outfits! The captions are great too. :)

Sorry I had to cancel the other day. Turns out to be a good thing, because Fabio's van wouldn't start, and he had to take mine, so I would have been stranded anyway!

SOON, I hope!

Bipin Sen said...

i had such a depressing flight out on monday with the defeat fresh behind me. but getting to 90 degree la was worth it! :-)