Thursday, March 09, 2006

sick monkey







Well... we might have found the solution to our "crabby babby syndrome." The past week Addy has been increasingly fussy and picky about her eating.... and today she THREW UP!! Not once, but twice! She's never thrown up before so the first time I thought she was just choking on something and it triggered her gag reflex... but when she threw up on her own the second time there was no questioning that she must have some sort of stomach bug. :( This is her first sickness... preceded by her first real cold a month ago. I know I can't complain but I feel so bad for her... and even worse that I haven't known she was sick until now!

Here are some pictures from the last few weeks.... as you can see she has an increasing attachment to Lucy. As soon as I go to get her out of bed (whether nap time or morning) the first thing she does is bend down and pick up Lucy with this "We're breaking free" smile on her face. Its really cute - maybe I'll catch it on video soon.

I'm off to get some sleep so that hopefully I can be more comforting to her tomorrow!

3 comments:

Leslie Bowden Nack said...

She looks pretty happy with that big old bear ... is Lucy jealous?

Anonymous said...

She looks so cute in those pictures! Too bad she is sick. =(

Anonymous said...

Stomach bug is a rite of passage for parents...it will go as fast as it comes usually! Hope she feels better fast!