Thursday, December 01, 2005

Our escapee and her Christmas tree







Our precious girl has learned how to get on her knees and hold onto the bars of her crib! Unfortunately, when I went into her room this morning and found her in this position she, in her excitement to see me, lifted up her arms to reach for me, forgetting that she was on her knees, and fell face first into the side of her crib. It was one of my first parenting moments when I fought the urge to laugh hysterically and instead poured out compassion for her pain and shock.

She entertained DD, Josh, Johnny & I during dinner with her new trick. Holding her hands together above her head and throwing them down and up and down and up. Here is a picture of her waiting to throw them down again.

We put up our Christmas tree. I'm convinced that I'm the world's worst Christmas decorator. I dread it every year! Call me Scrooge but I think its way more work than its worth. BUT, I know that Johnny loves it and Addy will love the tradition and so as long as I can't convince him to buy a prelit fake tree we'll go through the sappy, messy, painful process. Here is a picture of Johnny & Addy enjoying the result.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWW!

Anonymous said...

aww cute pics michelle, as always. I think your Christmas tree looks good now...it was so fun hanging out on wed and my mom thought your idea to let the girls play was cute...so we'll have to plan. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Michelle, Addy looks so cute - really growing up now ... don't you love it.

Hey, did you see, you've received 19 votes on my blog poll :)

hehe!

David

Anonymous said...

Michelle, the tree looks great!

Kathy said...

I LOVE it when they discover new things, it is the best. Connor still does the new thing he discovered over and over and over and over and over...! Your tree looks good, I am having the same decor feelings about my mantle, I don't know WHAT to do...AHHH