Wednesday, September 07, 2005

our sunshine


its late and i really should be in bed but i've been surfing these blogs and it is unbelievably addictive to read the secrets and passion of other people's lives!

one other reason i haven't been able to go to sleep is that i'm overcome with God's gooness in our life. we spent the afternoon and evening with friends of ours who just had a baby boy... prematurely. His lungs weren't fully developed and he is in the neo natal icu because he is having some complications with his breathing... then on the way home we were held up by a 20+ car pile up with multiple fatalities... not to mention the recent katrina disaster. i'm moved at the blessings of a healthy baby girl, a safe trip home and a roof over my head. too often i am distracted or annoyed by the business of life and don't spend time thanking the One who gives it to us in the first place. so, here is a good use for my blog.... thank you lord for my wonderful husband, thank you God for my precious little girl, thank you for parents who love me and continue to lavish me with generosity, thank you for an incredible sister, thank you that we're finally as close as we dreamed we'd be, thank you for my sweet brother, thank you for "in-laws" that blow stereotypes of in-laws out of the water with their love for me and generosity toward me, thank you for my grandparents who have always loved me unconditionally... thank you for health, thank you for financial blessing, thank you for your Son's death on the cross and ressurection to life, thank you for softening my heart to the gospel, thank you for your Word, thank you for your Promises... thank you for today. even though we affectionately refer to our little girl as "adeline, our sunshine" we acknowledge that you are the One who shines the sun and warms our life with your goodness. we love you Lord.

1 comment:

swart said...

A very nice start to you blogging entries ... we all need to thank the Lord more, and complain less ...

thanks,