Friday, September 30, 2005

Entering MacWorld (no, not McDonald's)


The expression on Adeline's face in this picture is a dead ringer for her mom these days. We finally took the plunge... we did a 180... we chose to hop on the bandwagon, to dive in head first, to venture into new horizons.... You are probably thinking, "WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?" We bought a mac. Yes... all of this drama is over a computer.

After much consideration we decided to join those who consider themselves to be the elite.... Mac Owners. You know the group... they think anyone who still uses a PC is living in the ice age. They equate Dell with Commodore 64 and rise above mass production to engage a far superior machine... an apple. Who wouldn't be sucked in with that kind of sales pitch? Not us.

We're excited. Frustratred and confused (like the above picture) but excited all the same. I'm returning to my roots... but I must admit (if you are a Mac owner you might want to shut your eyes for this next sentence) I MISS MY BELOVED PC! I knew all of the keyboard shortcuts, the ins and outs of the programs I used and could get things done in a flash. Now I go to quit a program and when I type Alt+F4 the volume of my Mac turns down...

But not only did we buy a Mac... we bought an iBook. (a laptop). This should enable me to write more e-mails, do more with my photography and send more pictures... which is what most of you probably came to the site to see anyway. So, without further ado, please enjoy these pictures of Addy waking up yesterday.



No comments: