Monday, July 21, 2008

summer fun

Well, I have no idea when some of these pictures were taken but I thought I' better start blogging because I have about a million pictures to post!

Here are a couple of cute things the kids have said/done recently.

Mommy: "John Michael, did you disobey Mommy?"
John Michael: (nodding) "yes."
Mommy: "Okay, what do you get when you disobey?"
John Michael: (now, grinning) "PRESENTS!"



Johnny, playing their own version of Goldilocks & the 3 Bears with Addy:

Johnny: "I'm a big brown bear and I'm hungry! I think I'm going to eat Goldilocks!"
Addy: "Well, I'm Goldilocks and I don't taste very good!!"



Here are the kids first twinkies... at least I think they were their first. You never know with Johnny, he's always sneaking them sweets when I'm not looking. I'm a stickler for limited sugar... but we eat at McDonalds more than we should - go figure!









Giving "the look"








I took video too - it was hilarious - they loved it. We've started having "dessert" together more often after dinner since then but it was one of the first times we did so they were in heaven!

I also wanted to throw in this picture of the kids snuggling in my bed in the morning. John Michael used to get up every morning, (Well, I'd get him up) and come into bed with me and we'd watch Little People together. It was sweet. But, since we are on a summer hiatus from TV (did I ever mention that?) they now just get in and jump around... which is always interesting at my current size!





4th of July was a blast. The Maples were able to come out and we were SO GLAD. Addy & John Michael just adore Sadie and it was a sweet time for us to see them play together as well as to see little Canon. I guess Amy is capable of having chunky kids because Canon is all chub! He did so well and I can't wait to hang out with them again soon!

This is the kids at the "kiddie parade." Every 4th of July Highland has a parade that consists of whatever kids show up, dressed up in their patriotic gear. Many kids go "all out" decorating bikes, wagons, etc. We just find red white and blue clothes. :)

Hiding from the camera:





Travis, being the dedicated Dad.



Auntie Donna in her glory.



My joyful children... hehe




An attempt at a family picture:



Daddy & his princess:



Grandpa and John Michael



We also went to the town fair which is always a blast.

Well, most of the time anyway. In this next picture John Michael is crying because he would rather ride the rides then take a picture:



There's no doubt who is trying to be the leader here.




Getting ready to take off!



My little ham.



Um... I think he likes it.



Onto the next ones!







lovin the motorcycle... is anyone surprised?






silly girl







sweet canon





Auntie Meems & her girl:




Okay.... part 2 of the fair & the rest of our time with the Maples coming soon!

4 comments:

Aimee said...

Fun! Fun! Fun!! Don't you just LOVE summer!?!? Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

such sweet memories!!!

Anonymous said...

such sweet memories!!!

Fabio 'n Elizabeth Tsukayama said...

Thanks for the update! Love the pic of your "joyful" kids in the wagon - that is a hilarious shot! :) Sounds like y'all are having a fun summer. We'll have to try to get together again some time soon!
Oh, and can you believe that I was getting dizzy just looking at the pictures of your kids on those spinning rides with the lights twirling in the background?? I hate those rides - cant even be close to them without losing it! LOL