Thursday, August 23, 2007

Birthday Central

Things here are still busy! I'm trying to be more purposeful at home... more crafts, more play time with the kids, more of a schedule. I thrive on a schedule... when I can keep it! And I am a firm believer that kids thrive on a schedule too. So, I'm trying to develop one that will serve our family..... but for now teaching Addy to sit through craft time for 20 minutes is goal #1! And finding crafts that she enjoys doing should probably precede that. She finger painted this week but told me that it was too messy. What a funny girl!

Here's a picture of us at my great aunt's wake. Notice who John Michael is staring at? His attachment/separation anxiety is worsening by the hour. If anyone has any suggestions as to how to keep a clingy baby off of your hip throughout the day I'd love to hear them! I can't sit the kid down for 2 minutes without him throwing a fit.





We celebrated Johnny's 31st birthday with our dear friends Dave & Kathy at Fogo de Chao. I had been saving money for months in preparation (its pricey!). We all had a blast and we're looking forward to getting together with them again for David's birthday this month.

Johnny & I before Fogo.



Dave & Kathy enjoying dinner. Nice bib Dave.




Wow... in this picture I do NOT feel like smiling. I think I just ate 2 pounds of beef.




This is how we really feel!!



Shortly after Johnny's birthday we celebrated his dad's birthday. He turned 31 too. :)



At this point Addy has become a pro at singing Happy Birthday to people. During this time I would hear her singing Happy Birthday to Lucy in her crib. It was so cute!

This is Addy's "Cheese" face.



She learned it from her daddy.



Me and my hip replacement... I mean son! Isn't he a doll?



Waiting for the cake...




The kids love to play outside with Dabo. He takes them to the trampoline at his neighbors house and they jump until their hearts content!



More soon!

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Abigail has "gone back" to her mommy only thing again. Our little ones...my goodness.

Aimee said...

I can remember when Owen was about that age - he was on my leg ALL.DAY.LONG. I really felt like I could nothing done, becaue he wanted to be by me all the time. Thankfully, he has since grown out of that, but he's still a momma's boy! Which I secretly LOVE!:)

It'll get better, but I do have sympathy for you, cause I know how you feel! Take care!

Bipin Sen said...

Fogo! One of my all-time favorite restaurants!! I hope you had a few caipirinhas! :-)

And you're right - you leave with about a month's worth of salary behind.

Clair Boone @ www.mummydeals.org said...

Addy has the CUTEST little faces~ Cracks me up!

Fabio 'n Elizabeth Tsukayama said...

Happy Birthday Johnny!
We've been dreaming of going to Fogo de Chao someday... maybe for Fabio's 30th?? :-)
About the clingy thing, I have had 3 of them so far and my best advice is enjoy it while you can ~ it will not last forever! As you know, I can hardly keep track of my little "clingy" Joshua at church anymore - he's such a social butterfly! And Dominique is rather independent these days as well and doesn't even bat an eye if I leave her with someone for a while. She has been also wandering the church looking for Josiah the past few Sundays and I definitely wouldnt title her as clingy, although at this time last year it was hard to even leave her with Fabio! So, now I just have Israel to cling to me for just a brief fleeting moment! :) I know it can get frustrating at moments, but seriously, try to enjoy it because it will be over before you know it!

The Girberts said...

Hey Michelle!! I've been wondering where you've been! I do keep an eye on your blog!! I absolutely love the Thomas cake. Your mom did an awesome job!! Eli loves Thomas and any other trains!! It's encouraging to read how you cherish these times where your little man is such a mommas boy. It's good to remember that our little ones do change so quickly and tomorrow he will be interested in other things besides his momma! However, even at two and a half, Eli is still a big time mommas boy. I think he always will be!! Good luck with your schedule. I agree that schedules serve our families!!