Monday, August 27, 2007

Addy is doing great & Business is.... well, growing :)



For those of you who have been asking, Adeline is doing great. Thank you so much for your thoughts, e-mails and prayers!

For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, a few days ago (its not clear when exactly) Adeline was bitten by some type of bug (its not clear what type of bug)....(as you can imagine the doctor celebrated my observation skills). Right away I noticed the bug bites were extremely swollen on her shoulders. I remembered my Mom telling me that when we were small children that we responded in a similar way to mosquito bites so I didn't think much of it.... until Sunday morning when I woke up to this:



For those of you who can't tell Addy's face is EXTREMELY swollen! You can especially see it in her left eye (the one that appears on the right in the photo). In this next picture you can see how it was all the way over the bridge of her nose and into her right eye too (the one that appears on the left in the photo).



Here's a reminder of what she normally looks like.



So, the difference was, in my opinion, quite alarming.

By God's grace I am not prone to anxiety or panic when it comes to crisis situations... but I definitely had to actively ask for God's help in remaining calm when I woke up to my beautiful little girl resembling "Chunk" from the Goonies.




Despite the obvious deformities.... she was happy as a clam! So, after asking God to help me to relax, I fed her breakfast and called the doctor's office to speak with the on call nurse. The nurse recommended giving her Benadryl and taking her to the Urgent Care facility if it didn't go down. So, naturally, I brought her into the Urgent Care straightaway. :) After all, I wasn't going to sit around all day and stare at her face constantly wondering if it was worse or better!!

The doctor essentially told me the same thing I wrote above.... she was having an allergic reaction to a bug bite... But, he did absolve any fear that the swelling was also occuring internally. He checked her throat, ears and lungs for wheezing and checked her out as all clear! He sent us home with a prescription for a steroid to remove the swelling and a topical cream. I opted for Benadryl instead of the steriod (the doctor said this was fine, Mom :)) and the swelling is almost completely gone! She's almost back to our precious, beautiful girl!

On a more attractive note, I took some pictures of some little girls in my church today. I am trying to build a portfolio to officially start a business with price lists and all so two beautiful little girls were a welcome addition! I'll put up some more of what I took but here's an appetizer!


















This one I went back and forth on and I think I've decided I prefer it in black and white:





One of my favorites....





More soon!

11 comments:

Suzanne said...

Glad you are an observant mom!!

IF you want to build your portfolio, come to Knoxville for a weekend. I'll personally book your sittings for you!! Your pictures are great!

Kathy said...

Wow Mich....I am glad she is better. those bugs wow!

And the pics r just stunning. I like the b&w of Jane!

C u soon

Aimee said...

Good for you for staying calm in your situation. Unfortunately, I'm not the same. :) Anyway, I'm glad she's doing well, and the pictures are GREAT!!! You need to come and do my kids!

Tara Sasser said...

Tia is greatful that Addy has such an observant mother who would react quickly to a bug bite! Even as Chunk from the Goonies she still looks cute.

Glad to know that all of the creative talent and imagination from the Worthington kids skipped me and went right to you! WOW Michelle you still amaze me on how gifted you are in photography.
I think we need to do 5 year anniversary pics in March....just a thought

Bipin Sen said...

Ugh. Poor girl! I'm glad she's OK now. Though shame on you for letting your kids be outside where they can be exposed to such pestilence... ;-)

I'm deathly afraid of mosquitoes. Not only for the simple reason they love to feast on me.

swart said...

fantastic pics Michelle! ... really great. the girls look so beautiful.

Mrs. Smith said...

The pictures look great!
I would love to get a price list. We need a good family picture again this fall.

Frances Vineyard said...

I'll get in on the Knoxville booking too. :) They are fabulous. Better yet, is their a book I can read to make my pics look like that?
Fran

Trillia said...

I agree. They are beautiful Michelle! It looks like you've got some "deals" down here!

The Girberts said...

I'm with Suzanne! I'd love for you to take Eli's pictures! Those are great!!

Suzanne said...

Ok - that's 4 bookings without any effort!! I'm serious. If you head down here for a weekend, I'd love to hire you. I'll find more bookings and a sitter!