Sunday, April 02, 2006

giggle monster









Addy's had a rough week - fevers, teething, red splotches all over her face, neck and shoulders and a hacking cough. But, what's a little sickness, right?? :) Seriously though, it was a bit of a rough week but I think after some of Ernest's mom's incredible cooking our little montster is back to her old happy self. My lifesaver during the week was Elmo. Addy is all about her one, single, garage sale bought VHS Elmo video.

"They" say that babies 12-18 months old are learning how to communicate... and in Addy's case this is right on! One of her new things is to point me in the direction she wants me to bring her (as if I'm her taxi driver). As you can imagine this pointing usually leads to the kitchen and straight to the food. The other day we had a bit of a breakdown when Addy was pointing to leftover pizza for breakfast and I insisted she have her pear instead. Her other new communication method is to sign "thank-you". I think the first time she did this officially is when we left Ernest's mom's house on Saturday night. This was appropriate because while we were there she CHOWED DOWN on some southern fried chicken and homemade macaronni and cheese. She must have been grateful enough to pull out the new sign!

More soon. Hope you enjoy the video as much as I have... I think I've watched it about ten times already. Do your kids ever stop being so cute!?

11 comments:

Bipin Sen said...

tish and i saw this video last week, and it's really so very cute. addy is such a little girl! :-)

priya is down with a cold and fever too. what's this? synchronized illnesses when kids turn one? seriously though, i thank the lord that our kids have so far avoided any major mishaps.

Kathy said...

We giggled with her! She has such a contageous laugh and it is so much fun. Connor was giggling too, and kept saying "more Addy, More addy".

I hope this week is a better one for her. Poor thing.

Nope your kids nevers top being cute!

Kathy said...

oops typo, I meant to say your kids never stop being cute, they actually get cuter and cuter!

Julie B said...

We had such a nice time with you both on Saturday. We will definitely have to do that again. Maybe this time we could invite Johnny, too...maybe

Suzanne said...

Can we see a belly picture of Michelle!?

Anonymous said...

I love that video! I was cracking up! Too bad addy has been sick lately.

Lisa said...

I love it! Julia watched the whole clip with a puzzled open mouth look. I think she was trying figure out how to do it. Addy was missed at the sermon/baby foyer time yesterday. Julia, Pria, Chloe, Benjamin and Nathan were all there : )

Anonymous said...

Michelle it did my heart so good to hear her giggling! just brightened up my day :)

Anonymous said...

Michelle-

They get cuter and cuter!
The video was so much fun! We were laughing right along with Addy. Thanks!

Julie B said...

What were you doing to get her to laugh like that??

Fabio 'n Elizabeth Tsukayama said...

I love this video! We watched it a couple times and Dominique was laughing right along with her! I was gonna ask what Julie asked: What were you doing???

Oh, and I second the suggestion for a belly picture! :)